Chef's Recipe Corner: New York Strip Oscar
December brings a time to gather with friends and family to celebrate the holidays and the close of another calendar year. To make impressing family and friends a little easier we're happy to share a few simple but pleasing holiday season entrée recipes that you can make at home.
Want to try it before you make it? The New York Strip Oscar is available on our holiday party menu and will be available on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout December in the Mountain View Restaurant.
12 oz. choice Angus strip steak grilled and topped with asparagus, rock shrimp and béarnaise sauce.
Preheat grill to high heat then season steak with salt and pepper and place on well-oiled grill and cook to desired temperature.
Shrimp & Asparagus Preparation
In a sauce pan take rock shrimp and cut up asparagus spears (approximately 1” pieces) with oil, salt and pepper to taste and sauté until shrimp are cooked and asparagus is tender.
Béarnaise Sauce Preparation (4-6 Servings)
¼ Cup White Wine
3 Tablespoons Vinegar
1-2 Shallots Chopped
1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Tarragon
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
3 Egg Yolks
½ Cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
Salt & Pepper
- Simmer vinegar, wine, lemon juice, tarragon and shallots on medium-high heat until it reduces to half.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Place reduction into a blender or food processor and add egg yolks.
- While blending slowly pour in melted butter.
- Move mixture to a saucepan to warm and season with salt and pepper to taste.